Nurses accidentally eat gifted laced cake

Nurses were left ‘off their faces’ when a patient’s elderly relative accidentally gave them cannabis laced cake to say thank you.



He brought in leftover cake from his grandson’s 18th birthday party, completely unaware of the special ingredient inside.

Hospital bosses initially tried to deny anyone ate the cake but later conceded one member of staff ate some… but didn’t get high.
But another member of staff, who asked not to be named, said three or four nurses were left feeling very ‘relaxed’ after munching on the red velvet cake.

They said: ‘They were eating the cake an then the next minute the staff were all off their faces.
‘It was brought in by a nice old man as a thank you, but it was full of funny stuff and had them all relaxed.
‘There was no impact on the patients whatsoever, but they all knew something was wrong, so the police were called in.’

Cheshire Police tested the cake and confirmed it contained cannabis.
Cops found the pensioner had no idea what was in his grandson’s cake and was shocked to discover the disruption it caused on the ward.

A police source said: ‘It was genuinely an error by all parties, even the person who put something in that he shouldn’t have because he didn’t know it was going to the hospital.
‘Nobody knew that, and that’s why we’re not taking it any further.’
Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust say they conducted a 72-hour internal investigation but claimed the gift had no effect on staff, despite some of it being eaten.

Read full story on Metro.co.UK

Leave A Comments
Updated: July 5, 2019 — 3:26 pm

The Author

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LATEST NEWS