Introduction :The American Heart Association Basic Life Support provider Course builds on the foundation and importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
The hand -on instruction and simulated cases in this advanced course are designed to help enhance your skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Non-health workers including Drivers,teachers,clergy men&women,Bankers etc.
Account Magnacarta Health
Venue:No 26 Keffi street opposite Aunty ago school, Off Awolowo road ,Obalende, Lagos
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the steps of CPR
2. Describe the signs and action steps for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
3. Describe the links in the Chain of Survival
4. Describe the signs & symptoms of common life threatening emergencies
5.Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
6.Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external and manual defibrillator use
7.Recognize and manage respiratory or cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
8.Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
9. Identify normal vs. abnormal cardiac rhythms and the appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies;
10. Demonstrate relieving chocking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
11. Demonstrate performing 1 and 2-rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims
12. Demonstrate giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims and the use of various airway and oxygen adjuncts
13. Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
14. State the indications & dosages of medications used in cardiopulmonary arrest and the effects on the cardiovascular system
15. Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
16. Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
17. Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
18. Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
E-Copy Manuals For BLS are sent to the participants emails on confirmation of course fee.
AHA Hard Copy Manuals:
Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an Instructor to complete BLS skill practice and skill testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
All participants would get their America heart Association BLS certificate After the training.
Basic Life Support (BLS) course license is valid for 2 years.
Refreshment would be available to all participants.
Life is why!!!!